Wednesday, September 9, 2009

CodeRage IV - BDE to DBX

Well I just finished my session on CodeRage IV Session BDE to DBX, and so I am reposting a messsage I posted at the end of DelphiLive with the same information.

My slides and code are available in SVN at my Google Code Site

The BDEtoDBXDataPump was a quick and dirty application but it should work, let
me know if you have a problem and I will update the code in SVN, I had to update it once since DelphiLiver version of this session.

The ComponentConverter will convert TQuery and TTable to TdbxQuery components.
It will also convert TDatabase to TSqlConnection, and few other things to help in the conversion, such as removing the BDE Units and adding in the DBX units.

The ComponentCoverter contains a few little gems such as a DFM Parser.

3 comments:

  1. What function can I use in Delphi7 to replace "CharInSet" function in your code ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That function was introduced in Delphi 2009 which is to handle this correctly for unicode.

    if (c in ['a','b','d']) then

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about read-only components like TStoredProc that have an UpdateObject associated with them? What would be the best way to go about converting those?

    ReplyDelete